05. Custom Post Types - Team
Team Custom Post Type
To have access to Team Custom Post Type you need install and activate the AZ Custom Post Type plugin.
One thing that might have caught your attention since activating the plugin is the "Team" tab that appeared. This is where you will manage, edit and create all of the teams related items that you wish to place in your pages.
Adding Team items is the same as creating blog posts or create a page.
This is the process of adding teams:
- Go to Team -> Add New
- Enter a title.
- Create or Select the team discipline.
- Create or Select the team attributes.
- Upload a featured image.
- Setup the Team Metabox for the current team post.
- Use the page builder for create the team content page.
- Write a few words excerpt (it is used for SEO and Social Share Description).
- Click "Publish" and you're all done.
About Featured Image
You can change the size of featured image on the fly when you insert into your page/post the "Team Grid" shortcode based on your columns selected ( 2 to 6 columns ). By default is set to 700x700.
This is the options available for each team post:
- Creative Module - This module permitted to have a modal instead the single team page. Is available only if activate the option into the "Team Grid" shortcode. You can upload an image and add description.
- Back to URL - This option is available only if you activate the "Custom Navigation" in "Theme Options Panel -> Team". This permitted to select your custom main team page for back to team feature for each team post.
Exclude Post From Navigation
If you want exclude this some posts from navigation. Just you write this excludePost into Excerpt post.
How to have access to team items?
For display the teams in your pages or posts you need use the Team Grid Shortcode via page builder.
You can have more options to sort, display the team items. Also if you want to show only certain team categories, not the entire team posts, you need write in the Team Post Disciplines ( inside the shortcode ) the categories/disciplines, separated by commas. Please use the disciplines slug, not the title.
You can order the post via shortcode with this default wordpress parameters or use the Simple Custom Post Order plugin with drag and drop feature.