05. Custom Post Types - Testimonials
Testimonial Custom Post Type
To have access to Testimonial Custom Post Type you need install and activate the AZ Custom Post Type plugin.
One thing that might have caught your attention since activating the plugin is the "Testimonial" tab that appeared. This is where you will manage, edit and create all of the clients related items that you wish to place in your pages.
Adding Testimonial items is the same as creating blog posts or create a page.
This is the process of adding testimonials:
- Go to Testimonials -> Add New
- Enter a title.
- Create or Select the testimonial categories or leave blank ( optional ).
- Upload a featured image, any size for this custom post type but remember upload a square image ( 90x90, 180x180, etc. ) .
- Setup the Testimonial Metabox for the current testimonial post ( required ).
- Click "Publish" and you're all done.
This is the options available for each testimonial post:
- Testimonial Caption - A simple caption below the testimonial text ( optional ).
- Testimonial Quote - Add your testimonial quote ( required ).
How to have access to testimonial items?
For display the testimonials in your pages or posts you need use the Testimonial Grid Shortcode via page builder.
You can have more options to sort, display the testimonial items. Also if you want to show only certain testimonials categories, not the entire testimonials posts, you need write in the Testimonial Post Categories ( inside the shortcode ) the categories, separated by commas. Please use the testimonial-category slug, not the title.
You can order the post via shortcode with this default wordpress parameters or use the Simple Custom Post Order plugin with drag and drop feature.